[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
IMWA — Mine Water Forum • View topic - new face on the forum : Romy

new face on the forum : Romy

Please introduce yourself to the forum community!

Moderators: Ruth Warrender, Andy Barnes

new face on the forum : Romy

Postby romy » 2009-10-11, 19:01

Greetings everyone,

My name is Romy Matthies and I am currently doing a PhD on passive mine water treatment and biogeochemical processes therein including isotope fractionation processes at Newcastle University, England. Originally from Germany, I studied for a B.Sc. and an M.Sc. in Geoecology at Technical University, Bergakademie Freiberg. Thereafter, I worked for three years as an environmental geochemist in Chile and Wales (more infos on : http://www.students.ncl.ac.uk/romy.matthies).

My main interests are AMD prediction and passive remediation techniques as well as impact assessments deriving from mining activities. During the course of my Ph.D. I got increasingly passionate about isotope geochemistry and hope to continue in this exciting area after graduation next year (Sept 2010).

I am a member of IMWA since 2006 and graphics editor of Mine Water and the Environment since 2007/08 .

glad to meet you all on the forum,

Romy
romy

Re: new face on the forum : Romy

Postby Chris Wolkersdorfer » 2009-10-11, 21:16

Dear Romy,

welcome! And I hope you will find what you are looking for! :)

Chris
Towards the
Chris Wolkersdorfer
Site Admin

Return to Members