[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
IMWA — Mine Water Forum • View topic - Fantastic shareware program

Fantastic shareware program

Tell us how to improve the forum!

Moderators: Ruth Warrender, Andy Barnes

What do you think of TechDig

Poll ended at 2009-12-10, 15:12

My life will never be the same again
50%
Moderately interested
50%
Seen it all before or used something better
No votes

Total votes : 2

Fantastic shareware program

Postby Andy Barnes » 2009-11-10, 15:12

I have been shown a computer program that allows you to digitize graphs from pictures. This is amazingly useful if you want to use data from papers and presentations.

The program is called TechDig and it is shareware on a voluntary free 30 day trial.
Attachments
TechDIG.zip
TechDig Shareware
(265.88 KiB) Downloaded 1688 times
Mine Water Enthusiast!
Andy Barnes
Site Admin

Re: Fantastic shareware program

Postby Andy Barnes » 2009-11-10, 15:13

Instructions on how to use are included in the read-me file
Mine Water Enthusiast!
Andy Barnes
Site Admin

Postby Chris Wolkersdorfer » 2009-11-12, 19:02

There is a hole bunch of such programs available and in fact they safe a lot of time - Andrew is absolutely correct in this matter. I used UnGraph in the past:

http://www.biosoft.com/w/ungraph.htm

All the line graphs called "modified after" in my book have been produced using UnGraph. UnGraph reads more than 3 file types (compared to TechDIG) and has more options. You can use UnGraph on up to 3 computers, for which you need a license key that you get from BioSoft. The new version can also identify different colors in a single graph - which means different lines.

Here an example, which was then plotted using SigmaPlot:

uerpmann_a.jpg
uerpmann_a.jpg (7.01 KiB) Viewed 21039 times
uerpmann_n.jpg
uerpmann_n.jpg (5.62 KiB) Viewed 21039 times
Towards the
Chris Wolkersdorfer
Site Admin

Postby Andy Barnes » 2009-11-12, 19:27

I will try this out. I have been trying to find the download link for TechDig but have so far been unsuccessful. If anyone knows where this is available from that would be good to post the link. ;)
Mine Water Enthusiast!
Andy Barnes
Site Admin

Postby Andy Barnes » 2009-11-12, 21:34

Interesting SigmaPlot is $300 whilst TechDig is $30. Do you get 10x the funcionality with Ungraph :) (says he who has not tried out the demo yet)
Mine Water Enthusiast!
Andy Barnes
Site Admin

Postby Chris Wolkersdorfer » 2009-11-16, 01:59

SigmaPlot and TechDig are two completely different programmes! SigmaPlot is a scientific graphic programme and TechDig or UnGraph can be used to convert pixel files into a table of x-y data. In addition, TechDig can only use three different file formats and one line after the other, while UnGraph can use numerous pixel file formates and can digitize different lines on a graph. That's where the difference in price comes from ;)
Towards the
Chris Wolkersdorfer
Site Admin

Return to Forum